One Pot Meals – Italian Style Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
Italian Style Chicken Noodle Soup Mix With Birds’ Nest Pasta – Family-size with the flavours of Italian basil, oregano and parsley blended so perfectly, you will crave more! Delicate birds’ nest pasta is just the right texture for this soup mix. Leave this pasta whole for longer noodles, or break up for an easier slurping experience.
Makes 6-8 servings.
What you will need:
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- boneless skinless chicken, cubed (2 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs)
- 1 small package baby spinach leaves
- 8 cups water
- Bothwell Parmesan Cheese1
In a large pot, brown chicken, celery and carrots in olive oil2 for about 5 min on med heat. Whisk in 8 cups water and seasoning package; add pasta and stir until mixture comes to boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Add spinach; cook about 2-3 min. Garnish with Bothwell Parmesan Cheese.
Suggested Meal Tip: Sprinkle freshly-grated Bothwell Parmesan Cheese on top of soup. Serve with a side tomato and bocconcini salad drizzeled with fresh basil and olive oil.3 Add a fresh baguette4 on the side for a balanced family supper.
Ingredients: Pasta, chicken broth, parsley, red/green bell peppers, tomato, garlic, onion, herbs and spices. May contain trace amounts of sugar and salt
Available at Fromagerie Bothwell:
- Bothwell Parmesan Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oils (Prairie Oils & Vinegars)
- Basil Olive Oil (Prairie Oils & Vinegars) – no need to purchase fresh basil when you can drizzle this basil-infused olive oil on your salad
- Baguette (La Belle Baguette)